use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1653 - 11 msgs

WIlliam Griffin bill at igame3d.com
Wed Jul 23 21:21:01 EDT 2003

From: Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au>
reboot Rev and try using the message box before opening any stacks.
Test it with something really simple like "put 1 + 2".

--- That works with return as it should....
Until my stack is open, then it does not work.

2. Editing: there are numerous shortcuts for editing.  ...Command-E

--Yes, getting use to that one now. Metacard didn't have a key
command..at least it wasn't shown

The Script button in the toolbar
-- I've turned this evil toolbar off, it is the enemy of my application
design, there is no reason
my application/project should float an inch and half away from the
border of the screen,
I'm sure the people that will use my app won't be thrilled about that.
In a Photoshop document this might make sense, but if photoshop itself
was moved an inch and a half from the screen..well there would be hell
to pay.
I told Kevin Miller last week this is why I wasn't using Rev to begin
with.

The contextual menu that pops up when you right-click or control-click
on an object.
-- have been using the control key in our app to enable  mouseview of
OpenGL window for 12 months, I'll have to get used to being able to do
something else with it while in editing mode.
(my power small finger is already blistered as it is)

3. Editing an object in a group: you don't have to be in edit group
mode. Turn on "Select Grouped Controls" in the Edit menu,
---now that is handy!!!!!

4. Toolbar: if you resent the space it takes up, then turn it off.

....yes I killed the toolbar (die monster die!)

I wrote a function key plugin - FunKey.rev can be downloaded from my
web page http://www.troz.net/Rev/ - which allows you to assign scripts
to the function keys. I use this to speed up my workflow and make
frequent used commands and menu items into a single keystroke.

---Groovy! Thanks Sarah, you're my new best friend. :-)
As soon as I get my message box to work with my stack and my claws and
fangs recede.

Too tired,

Bill Griffin
bill at igame3d.com