Rev 2.02/New pricing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 18 01:29:46 EDT 2003

Geoff Canyon wrote:

> You have a point, but: show of hands -- who here has built an app for
> another platform without ever testing on that platform and had it just
> work? And who has had the exact opposite experience; serious
> platform-specific issues that required working on that platform to fix?

While it's possible to test on one machine and code on another, such a
workflow is inherently less productive.  One of the benefits of working
above lower-level languages is the ability to edit at runtime.  To encourage
anything less removes one of the primary advantages of Revolution.

> You can build for OS X on other platforms, just not for OS <=9.
> Obviously this issue is getting smaller as time passes.

Today 60% of Mac users still use OS 9 or earlier.
And if I can build OS X apps on other platforms, why does Scott tell me I
need to make Mach-O builds from OS X and not OS 9?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation