libURL will not accept data in a variable

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Fri Jan 17 17:16:01 EST 2003

Sarah,

I wish that was the answer, but my command is not split over multiple lines
(the list server did that). I also have tried the put quote method. My next
approach/attempt will be as follows:

1 - A button script will use my variables (including myServerIP) and will
create Transcript code via concatenation into a text field. The result of
this will be Transcript commands which contains an actual IP address.

2 - I will use the command > set the script of someOtherButton to fld
"magicScript".

3 - I will send mouseUp to someOtherButton. This should work around the
glitch I have been experiencing since I won't be trying to execute
concatenated commands on the fly. The commands will be as if they were
hard-coded.

What do you think? This should work - I think.

Roger Eller
roger.e.eller at sealedair.com