Serendipity Library Update 20030116

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Jan 17 11:40:02 EST 2003

Hi All,

Serendipity Library Update 20030116 is now available at
http://www.oenolog.com/ftp/serendipity_downloader.htm

The major change in this update is the addition of ClickCalendar.rev,
a stack containing a group of controls & handlers, plus scripting
examples & documentation for capturing & displaying dates using a
calendar.

In addition, the following handlers were added to Serendipity Library:

*  formatDate -- a function that returns a string in system date
format from the year, month, & day passed to it
*  futureDate -- a function testing whether a date is greater than
the system date
*  futureTime -- a function testing whether a time is greater than
the system time
*  getSDBComments -- a command that retrieves the Comment field of
the current SDB database
*  setSDBComments -- a command that updates the Comment field of the
current SDB database

As I release this update, I am aware that Shao Sean and others have
contributed scripted calendar controls to the Revolution community.
I don't wish to imply that there is anything lacking in the solutions
already available.  The fact of the matter is I had a working
HyperTalk design that was already integrated into the overall design
of OenoLog; so I chose to use (& publish) my own.

The usual reminder: I could not make Serendipity Library available in
multi-lingual form without the assistance of translators Jose L.
Rodriguez Illera,  Terry Vogelaar, Yves Coppé,  Klaus Major, and YOUR
NAME HERE [?? shameless arm twisting follows]

If you are literate in a language other than Dutch, English, French,
German, or Spanish, you could be a part of Revolution's first
multi-lingual community project, and possibly learn some techniques
you can apply to make your own applications translatable & otherwise
internationalized.  Download the Library and test its Translate
Message File menuItem.  Carsten, Igor, ... anyone?   :{`)

--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company