Any MacWorld Attendees On This List

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Jan 10 15:30:00 EST 2003

On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 02:08 PM, Klaus Major wrote:

> If you want some real applications, MC/RR is the only choice.

Not to throw water (or petrol) on it , but I do think that there have
been an application or two made with Director. Also, Director is on
version 9, RR has yet to deliver version 2. Questioning Macromedia's
commitment to the product, and comparing it to that of a rather young
company would seem to be a bit of self delusion.

Don't get me wrong, I like RR a lot - but Director is not a tool to look
down upon. Many people have made entire careers on that tool, and it
continues to represent a large portion of my company's income. Director
MX on OSX is really quite a nice tool, and the scripting does not come
off as an afterthought. And, in the event that an application needs to
run inside a browser, there is nothing anywhere near as powerful as
ShockWave.

Both Director an RR have a place. In many ways they play in completely
separate leagues. I'd rather not choose which one to keep and which to
dismiss as "not as good."

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD