Revolution 2.0 To Be Previewed At Macworld

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Wed Jan 8 15:15:01 EST 2003

Jan Schenkel writes:
[snip}
> However, the term 'vaporware' points to malevolent misleading of the market. And I don't think it's the case here at all.

I don't agree with your view of the connotation of "vaporware". While many
neutral words have taken on a negative bias (e.g "criticize"), I don't think
"vaporware" is one of them. (But your willingness to put it into a negative
perspective helps build a case. But then maybe you also are a user of "very
unique" as well?) As was said, good intentions and honesty were probably at
work, not any malevolence or intent to mislead. Vaporware is nothing more
than a no-show product, for whatever the reason. MS is (im)famous for it,
and Apple certainly has its share.

> Jan Schenkel.

miscdas