RTF vs HTML

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Wed Jan 8 16:36:01 EST 2003

On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 21:51 Australia/Sydney,
miscdas at boxfrog.com wrote:

snip

> . Just one example: create a document in Word and use full paragraph
> justification. Save the file as RTF. Now launch your favorite RTF
> editor (other than Word), open the RTF file created in Word, and lunch
> is on me if your full justified paragraphs are still full justified.

Miscdas, in which city is the booking please, or will you come to Oz
for lunch :-) ? Create RTF in Word v.X and open in either Mariner Write
or Apple's TextEdit passes the miscTest.

This is only in jest, as despite this result your general point is
quite correct, as I know from other experience with RTF, especially
with footnote formatting.

regards
David