Linux Requirements?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Feb 27 13:08:01 EST 2003

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 04:12 PM, Yennie at aol.com wrote:

> I'd like to maintain one machine here to test my Rev projects on Linux.

You might want to consider running Linux on virtual machines.

I evaluated both VMware and Virtual PC to emulate PC class computers.
Though I have yet to do so, at the time I thought, "I could set up a
Linux system on a virtual machine for tinkering, learning and testing."
  I went with VPC, though there are attractive features of VMware such
as better networking scope and, I think, broader *nix support.  I now
use VPC on my Mac (you need a powerful computer) and on my Windows PC;
both Mac OS's and Windows OS's can be hosts.  I have been very happy
with that.

Connectix has just sold the technology to Microsoft.  I'm not sure what
the implications are, but I suspect that *nix support will not improve.

Dar Scott