Linux Requirements?

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Wed Feb 26 18:17:01 EST 2003

Hello,

I'd like to maintain one machine here to test my Rev projects on Linux. I
already have an extra G4 Powerbook which could handle a PPC Linux version.

Question is- is it worth working with a PPC Linux, or am I better off getting
a cheap x86 machine? For one, the latest pre-release has a Linux Intel
distribution available, but not PPC. I can imagine this is right in line with
demand, so would relying on PPC builds put me behind the curve?

Finally, when it says "Linux Intel", excuse my ignorance, but does that rule
out any particular flavors of Linux? What about a x86 machine that's not
Intel?

TIA,
Brian