CPU running hot

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Dec 28 13:02:34 EST 2003

Alex Rice wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2003, at 3:25 AM, JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au wrote:
>
>> I'm not so sure. I just tried the Search dialog boxes in Lotus Notes 6,
>> Word X and TextEdit 1.2, ALL of which have pulsating, blue Default
>> buttons, and NONE of them made the CPU monitor hit the maximum the way
>> that Revolution does.
>
> I remember reading the same complaints on the Cocoa (Apple's
> Objective-C API) mailing list a while back, which is why I think the
> problem is not unique to Revolution.
>
> It is true that that Revolution seems to me somewhat worse than other
> apps in this regard. At least they are aware of it and planning some
> workaround.

I know another multimedia authoring tool vendor who took the Ford approach:
you can put pulsing buttons on any background you want so long as the
background you want is the default OS background. :)

It would be nice to have that as an option, though, since in most cases
that's probably the background you're after.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation