CPU running hot

JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au
Sun Dec 28 05:25:50 EST 2003

To which Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com>, on Fri, 26 Dec 2003, replied:

> And that button is the culprit right there.
> It's really OS X's fault,
> for making pulsating gumdrop eye candy
> that uses tons of CPU resources.
> (and it is the OS that's doing the rendering,
> not Rev). I think it's
> not just Revolution apps that have this problem.

I'm not so sure. I just tried the Search dialog boxes in Lotus Notes 6,
Word X and TextEdit 1.2, ALL of which have pulsating, blue Default
buttons, and NONE of them made the CPU monitor hit the maximum the way
that Revolution does.

Jonathan Cooper
Manager of Information / Website
Art Gallery of New South Wales