Splash snafu

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Dec 24 05:21:44 EST 2003

Hi Trevor and Ken and all,

>>> I believe if you close the splash stack, as opposed to just hiding
>>> it,
>>> it will remain in memory but will not receive messages.  That might
>>> be
>>> easier then having to worry about what messages it is processing.
>> ----------
>> My intention is to have it carry the standalone app engine.
>> If I actually close it in the built version, will the engine remain
>> running?
>
> It does if you close the built stack and go to a new one in the same
> handler.  I haven't tried other variations but.
>
> on LaunchProgram
> 	close this stack
> 	go "/data/program.rev" in new window
> end LaunchProgram
>
>> My goal was to keep it safely running offscreen, deliberately to
>> prevent a
>> user from closing it, and accidentally shutting down the app.
> In this case you may want to just hide it or set the loc to some large
> negative number.  I *think* that if you use the method above then when
> the user closes program.rev the app would quit.

on LaunchProgram
	go stack "/data/program.rev"
	close stack "the splash thingie"
end LaunchProgram

THIS will work ;-)

Remember to provide the NAME of the standalone-stack!
"THIS stack" would close the newly opened "/data/program.rev"
immediately...

I have been fooled by this a couple of times :-)

> Trevor DeVore
> Blue Mango Multimedia
> trevor at mangomultimedia.com

Regards