problems with SplashScreen(Standalone) using a stack and revSpeak

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Dec 14 09:09:22 EST 2003

Hi Martin,

> hi
> I've got a SplashScreen as a stadalone using another stack to store
> date. So
> far, I haven't got any problems. Everything works fine.
>
> It's O.K. too, if I want my standalone to speak some text in a field
> in the
> standalone itself.
> But, as soon as I open my store-data-stack coming from the
> splashscreen,
> revSpeak and "do "say"...." don't work there anymore.
>
> Here are the scripts which work fine in the SplashScreen itself, but
> not int
> the store-data-stack:
>
> 1.)……………………………
> …………………………………
> put line SpeakHolder of field text1 into SpeakHolder
> do "say " &quote& SpeakHolder &quote& " using " &quote& VoiceHolder
> &quote
> as Applescript
>
> 2.)……………………………
> …………………………………
> put line SpeakHolder of field text2 into SpeakHolder
>   revSpeak SpeakHolder
>
> It seems to be clear where the problem stems from: The standalone
> itself has
> got available the necessary script library (the box "all others" in
> inclusions is ticked), but not so the store-data-stack.
>
> Is there anybody there who can help me?

Put this into the script of the store-data-stack

on preopendstack
   start using stack "the standalone one" ## well, you guess
end preopenstack

and:

on closestack
    stop using stack "the standalone one"
end closestack

This way not only handlers and functions of stack "the standalone one"
are accesible but also its externals/libraries, which are missing
otherwise
as you just experienced :-)

Hope that helps...

> Regards