Decimal Separator

Thierry Arbellot thierry.arbellot at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 14 12:29:21 EST 2003

Hi Klaus & Rob,

Thanks for your help.

At least, I found a solution for MacOS X :

the following commands

	put replaceText(shell("defaults read NSGlobalDomain
NSDecimalSeparator"),"(\s|\(|\))","")
	put replaceText(shell("defaults read NSGlobalDomain
NSThousandsSeparator"),"(\s|\(|\))","")

respectively give the decimal and thousand separator setup by the user
in the control panel

Also
	put replaceText(shell("defaults read NSGlobalDomain
NSCurrencySymbol"),"(\s|\(|\))","")
give the currency symbol

Actually, input the command "defaults read NSGlobalDomain" in the
Terminal list many of the user's preferences.

I will try to find a solution on W2K later.

Regards.
Thierry.