problems with SplashScreen(Standalone) using a stack and revSpeak

Martin Meili bmmeili at swissonline.ch
Sun Dec 14 08:29:34 EST 2003

hi
I've got a SplashScreen as a stadalone using another stack to store date. So
far, I haven't got any problems. Everything works fine.

It's O.K. too, if I want my standalone to speak some text in a field in the
standalone itself.
But, as soon as I open my store-data-stack coming from the splashscreen,
revSpeak and "do "say"...." don't work there anymore.

Here are the scripts which work fine in the SplashScreen itself, but not int
the store-data-stack:

1.)ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ
ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ
put line SpeakHolder of field text1 into SpeakHolder
do "say " &quote& SpeakHolder &quote& " using " &quote& VoiceHolder &quote
as Applescript

2.)ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ
ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ
put line SpeakHolder of field text2 into SpeakHolder
  revSpeak SpeakHolder

It seems to be clear where the problem stems from: The standalone itself has
got available the necessary script library (the box "all others" in
inclusions is ticked), but not so the store-data-stack.

Is there anybody there who can help me?

Regards
Martin