Portable fonts and usage recommendations needed

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 17 00:58:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 10:36  PM, Terry Vogelaar wrote:

> Read all info at http://www.adobe.com/type/opentype/main.html and fall
> in love, like I did.
>
> Terry

I was just here several hours ago searching for font maps;

Installation note: OpenType fonts purchased and downloaded from the
Adobe web site are in the .zip format which can be unpacked with WinZip
for Windows and StuffIt Expander™ for Macintosh.

I can't expect users to get this so that my software will look right in
cross-platform file systems. Maybe I'm missing something here. Does
this mean that these fonts become native to my distributed software?

Mark