Portable fonts and usage recommendations needed

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Aug 16 19:49:00 EDT 2003

On 8/16/03 4:49 PM, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

>> Unless you ship your own fonts and have users install them, this seems
>> unlikely.
>
> But will this even do any good?
>
> I have Courier New and Ariel on both my OS X and Windows XP.  They are
> not the same.

Actually, I said "your own fonts" meaning *you* create them, not fonts that
already belong to Apple and Microsoft.  There are font apps that allow you
to create your own, as well as import and manipulate existing fonts.  But
I'd guess this is way too many hoops for you to jump through -- choosing
fonts and sizing your text accordingly for each platform should be enough.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design