Font size adjustment raw data

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 17 00:14:01 EDT 2003

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 09:51  PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> Here is some raw data of the formattedHeight and formattedWidth of the
> word "Washington" in different fonts and sizes on two platforms.
>
> It looks like the mapping may be different depending on whether you
> want to match area or line spacing.  Or even line length.

The cross platform approach to the shockwave solution was to get as
close as possible to a similar look of the fonts, this included size. I
could see using a font map that was specifically designed to
accommodate text in buttons and GUI objects dependent on things fitting
best. I guess it would be good to have one map prioritized for style
and another map priority set for fit.