Unable to switch to version 2.

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 04:57:00 EDT 2003

--- taillade <taillade.m at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Thank you Jan for your prompt answer
>
> I tried stepping many time through the scripts and
> it goes wrong at the
> following step
>
>    put vgstack into vgStackactif  -- where vgstack
> is the name of the
> stack to go
>    do "go stack"&&vgstackactif
>
> When arriving to the line do "go stack ... either it
> enter into an
> endless loop or it skips the line.
>
> > it's possible that you
> > set a custom property somewhere and it gets stuck
> in
> > an endless loop that way (setProp behaviour was
> > altered in version 2.0).
>
> I must say that I understand nothing to this problem
> of setProp
> behaviour.
> What should I do to test your hypothesis?
>
> Michel Taillade

Bonjour Michel,

Don't worry if you don't know what setProp is ; that
means you're not using it and thus in all likelyhood
it won't be the culprit :-)

When you open the same stack from the "Open stack..."
menu, do you get the same problem ?

If so, try getting in by using :
  lock messages
  go stack "Foobar"
  unlock messages

If you can get in without errors, use that opportunity
to delve into its stack script, and see what happens
on preOpenStack, openStack, preOpenCard and openCard
(insert breakpoints there for debugging)
If nothing is wrong with the stack script, do the same
for the script of the first card of the stack.

Hope this gets you closer to the error,

Jan Schenkel.

=====