Http proxy

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 03:33:00 EDT 2003

At 11:54 am +0200 6/8/03, tkuypers at pandora.be wrote:
>For some reason leaving the http-proxy empty prevents RR to use the
>default-settings of explorer on my XP pc.
>
>So I looked into the registry and found the entry containing the
>proxy-settings:
>
>   put queryRegistry
>   ("HKEY_CURRENT_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
>   CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ProxyServer") into vProxy
>
>   set the HTTPProxy to vProxy
>
>This works fine when there actually is a proxy set, but on a second PC I set
>the lan settings of explorer to "automatically detect settings".
>Now it doesn't work anymore, vProxy is empty and there is no connection
>anymore.
>
>Does anyone know how to get the HTTTPproxy to work when "automatically
>detect settings" is choosen?
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>
>Ton Kuypers

You didn't get any replies on this. A pity, as I was also hoping
someone might have an answer.

I found some information here about how the "Automatically detect
settings" works, and the difference from the "Use automatic
configuration script." setting.

<http://hermes.wwwcache.ja.net/servers/proxy/directip.html>

If my interpretation is correct, at the very least, it looks like you
would have to parse the javascript "FindProxyForURL" function.

But before that, you'd have to find where the script is located.
Unfortunately, I don't have a setup that allows me to explore this
more.

Just out of interest, when you set "Automatically detect settings",
is IE able to connect. If so, from Rev, do you get anything returned
from the following script:

on mouseUp
   put hostNameToAddress("WDAP")
end mouseUp