For true beginners

Ryno Swart swartart at iafrica.com
Sun Aug 10 12:49:00 EDT 2003

True beginners are in a tiny spot of trouble now, I would say.

Ever since Apple Media Tool, I have been looking for a simple and
elegant multimedia application, and, apart from Dan Gelder's  Serf,
Rev has been the first one to excite me. My thanks and admiration for
that.

Rev is VERY difficult to learn, and I have been playing (wrestling)
with it for a long time now. It has only been with the help of kind
people like Klaus that I now feel I may be getting on top of it. But I
have had the Starter Kit from day one of Rev (the name somehow makes it
less intimidating), and only now am I getting those little wow!s that
should be there from the moment of installing.

Now what is a true beginner going to do with 30 days?

There HAS to be an application for beginners, and it has to have some
free component. I would bet that every single person in this group got
started in this way. Because this vacuum exists, it will be filled.

Much better it be filled by the Revolution team.

Ryno.
http://artistvision.org ...a work in progress...