Missing Icon - half cleared up

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Aug 7 22:49:01 EDT 2003

Looking in the Standard Images library, I find the two AppIcons (a
large R and a small R) plus three notification icons: red hexagon !,
yellow triangle ! and blue circle i. There does not seem to be a
question mark icon.

In the answer dialogs scripts, in the OS X specific section I found
this line:
	put "210093 210092 210094 210093" into tIcons
which decides the icon used as returned by the position of the chosen
setting in this line:
	"information error warning question"
 From this, you can see that the Rev folk have explicitly scripted to
use the same icon for both question and information in Mac OS X.

I don't know if this fits with the latest Apple HIG, but I would prefer
to see a question mark icon again.

Sarah