"Preview screen" button

John R. Brauer drjohn at wellminds.org
Thu Aug 7 21:33:00 EDT 2003

Klaus,

> Try:
>
> on mouseenter
>    set the icon of button "PreviewButton" to 1392
>   ### You only need the "naked" id number ;-)
>    set showIcon of button "PreviewButton" to true
> end mouseenter

Thank you. It works beautifully.

>> Ideally, I would like this button in the corner of the window to show
>> a different image for whatever
>> area of the map the cursor enters (the program is for keeping track of
>> a garden and its current plants).
>
> Maybe i don't understand you right, but could you do this with
> "invisible" buttons?
> I don't mean that literally ;-)
>
> The trick is to use standard buttons, script them the way you want with
> "mouseneter", "mouseleave" etc..
> and then set the INK of these buttons to "noop"!!!

Does this mean change the ink used in the image to be invisible? It is
working to change showIcon to true on mouseenter and false on
mouseleave. The icon changes with each new area entered. Would the
"noop" approach have an advantage that I am not seeing?

> This will make them
> invisible to the user but the engine
> (and thus the mouse) will act as if they were visible...
>
> Cooooool and handy feature :-)

> Klaus Major

Sincerely,

John R. Brauer