Revolution speed sucks?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Thu Aug 7 13:59:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 12:29  PM, yoy wrote:

> Still, Perl is much faster. I generated another 50,000 games
> (Powerball) and
> with error checking and print OUT and it took only 5 seconds.
>
> The price you pay for a gui?? Maybe I just wrote better perl code than
> revolution code. ;-)

Andy, look at the subject line of this thread.

I think you owe it to the list to post both the Perl code and the URL
of the Rev stack, side by side, so we can look at the implementation.
Probably you are comparing two different.

In my opinion, Perl is NOT faster than Rev. Post your Perl routine! And
the URL of your Rev stack again. If you really want to get to the
bottom of this :-)

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com