DLL Absence

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 7 14:08:15 EDT 2003

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 12:43 PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> re: support- on the contrary I think it would be easier for RR to
> support a common interface instead of having people writing C code who
> wouldn't otherwise want, need, or be capable of learning such a
> low-level language.

Maybe.

It seems that once somebody is writing an external it is easy to say
you are on your own.

But when somebody says "I did the DLL-call thing to get a list of
watchamacallits from the system and all I got was garbage" then it is
hard to tell whether one has set up the call right or whether "pointer
to unsigned long" is broken or whether the right system call is being
made.

Dar Scott

****
   Dar Scott Consulting    http://www.swcp.com/dsc/    Programming