Saving changes

John Tenny jtenny at willamette.edu
Tue Aug 5 21:56:01 EDT 2003

The following from a S-Card user re changes in a distributed stack. Is
it really a "laborious" task to have cards save the data entered on
them in a distributed stack or is there some nice checkbox to click
somewhere?
--------
"If I create a Rev stack and make a standalone of it, put it on another
machine. It doesn't save changes. For example when I test out your
Observation Tools stack. I go to maybe the positive/negative statements
cards. Play with it a bit. Close the stack. Open it again and all the
data on the pos/neg card is lost. They must be saved in a separate
document because that's the way Windows does it. That's fine, but the
last I checked, Rev didn't automate that process. I had to go in and
laboriously script which fields I wanted changes saved from and where
those changes were saved. That's something Rev doesn't point out in it
ads. This doesn't happen, of course, in SuperCard. Changes are
automatically saved. No muss, no fuss."
=======
John