Revolution speed sucks?

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Aug 5 21:47:00 EDT 2003

Hi Andy,

I would guess you have run into a factor that is both a strength &
weakness of xTalks like Revolution: there are ALWAYS multiple ways of
doing things and some are much slower than others. If it is a one-off
routine, it really doesn't matter how you go, but in a frequently
repeated routine, there will almost certainly be ways of changing your
scripts in order to speed it up.

If you check my web page <http://www.troz.net/rev/> you will find a
stack listed near the bottom called "Speed.rev". It shows some of the
common ways to speed up scripts and allows you to test the results on
your own computer. Richard Gaskin at
<http://fourthworld.com/rev/index.html> has a stack called RevBench
that allows you to run timing tests on alternate scripts.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/