Arrays and custom properties

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Aug 5 14:56:00 EDT 2003

Hi Steve,

> Jan Schenkel wrote:
>
>> You can't save data inside a stand-alone. However, you
>> can save the data in a separate stack that you don't
>> include in the stand-alone.
>> Hope this clarified it,
>
> If the separate stack is a .rev file, and it is loaded with the
> command start using "c:xxx.rev"
> or some similar method,

This even not necessary, unless you have some common handler in that
stack, that must
be available to other stacks...

If you only store data in that stack, you can simply access these
(custom props etc...) by
passing the filename like:

set the uCData[tCustID,"name"] of stack "path to your/stack.rev"  to
fld "customerName"

> then I understand, and this clarifies it.

One thing less to understand :-)

> And it makes much more sense to have the data in a separate file.

It does ;-)

> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Hope that helps...