unzip (not gzip/zlib)

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Aug 5 16:19:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 02:50  PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> I think there are, but I forgot the name.  Clue:  I think they are
> maintained by a site right here in New Mexico at Las Cruces or White
> Sands or something like that.

Thanks Dar- you are right it's <http://www.info-zip.org>

They have Free unzip executables for every platform, and a C library
that is easy to wrap in a Rev external. In fact it's just a single
function call to unzip a .zip archive file into a char buffer.

However I couldn't get the darn thing (the external) to compile on OS
X. Couldn't compile the shared library on OS X either. There is a DLL
for Win32. Linux support looks good. I'll probably wind up building
external on Win32 and maybe Linux and use shell() the unzip executables
on other platforms.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com