Menu Building Prefs

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 02:14:01 EDT 2003

--- Igor Couto <igor at pixelmedia.com.au> wrote:
> On Saturday, August 2, 2003, at 03:01  PM, Jan
> Schenkel wrote:
>
> > But for my multi-lingual apps, I do have a system
> > which takes care of the translation (and resizing
> of
> > the menu buttons under non-MacOS systems).
>
> WOW! How about a tutorial on THAT? - automatically
> resizing menus!
> Cool...
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Igor de Oliveira Couto

Hi Igor,

Credit for the resizing should go to the genius at
RuntimeRevolution HQ who did the MenuBuilder -- I was
trying to cope with the resizing problem of the
buttons after translating the 'Edit' menu to 'Wijzig',
when I found that the MenuBuilder handled that just
fine, and it only took me minutes to disect the code
and find out how they did it.
Admittedly, the access to the Revolution code itself
may seem daunting, but you can learn a LOT from their
code ; and for some bits you can patch the code while
waiting for an official update (only do that if you're
absolutely positively definitively sure you know what
you're doing and never without a backup).
So look around, learn, and try things out :-)

Jan Schenkel.

=====