A call for calm and a tip of the hat to the Rev team..thanks!

Stephen Quinn Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri Aug 1 23:20:01 EDT 2003

I'd like to come to Rev's defense here and remind some of our more
impatient new users that this is still the 'early days' of the
Revolution company. There are only a handful of very overworked folks
doing a very wonderful thing- giving us a tool that is not only VERY
innovative and useful, but one that is constantly being updated and
improved. (I've been waiting for YEARS for something to replace HC).

Perhaps the documentation is not as complete as you would like, but
just try and envision some megalith such as Microsloth or Adobe
building a product like this (they wouldn't even try - and if they
did, it would cost a lot more).

Those kind of companies may make slick manuals, but they don't offer
products that are updated and improved nearly as often as what you
see here. And those companies have HUNDREDS of employees. And try to
get bug fixes from Adobe. Ha!

CAN YOU IMAGINE what it takes to write an app that generates code for
all the platforms?? It's never been done satisfactorily before...
until now. Perhaps someday one of the team will write the
story...when they have time.

Also remember that this application allows more access to more things
on your computer than the applications those companies allow you to
get access to. With that power, there are certainly more things to go
wrong. Multiply that by the number of platforms... you get the idea..

Rev is an app that makes it a lot easier to write code, but you still
gotta work for it - programming is still something done by folks that
are a little more than just users....so some thinking and reasoning
is required.

So I'd advise patience, my friend. You've got a great support group
right here - something we didn't have for Hypercard in 1987. Before
you start spewing, ask a couple of questions first....

sqb