text-to-speech on WindowsXP

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Fri Aug 1 18:17:01 EDT 2003

I started a thread some time ago about text-to-speech options on
Windows. No problem on the Mac (of course). I was just looking through
my XP installation and found a Speech Control Panel in which there is a
"voice" named "Microsoft Sam". When I selected it, it "speaks" (and
highlights, word-by-word) a sentence in that Control Panel.

Is there no way to attach to this in Rev? When I try the text-to-speech
sample stack included with the Rev 2.0.1 folder (for Windows), it sees
no voices available.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry