ReaderofRevLists [Re: Proposal - the use-revolution list]

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Fri Aug 1 17:21:00 EDT 2003

On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 03:48  PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> The stack I am talking about lets you view the mailings of this list
> in a hierarchical order, all from within runrev. It logs into your pop
> account and gets all emails which are part of this mailing list. Then
> you can view them ordered by topic. Go get it now!

Björnke, that's really cool.

Unfortunately most people using POP for email don't leave their
messages on the server. Often IMAP is used for that instead of POP. I
usually set my mail client to delete messages on the server immediately
after POP downloads them. So I cannot try it out :-)

By the way, did you see my post earlier this week re: the message
threading algorithm advocated by JWZ- the guy who wrote the original
Netscape Mail and News reader? It would be a way to improve your
makeEntry handler.

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-July/019830.html

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com