Divider line in list fields

Klaus Major klaus.major at metascape.org
Fri Sep 13 04:26:01 EDT 2002

Hi Alan,

> I may have missed it in the documentation, but is there any way to put
> a true non
> selectable divider line (similar to those in a pull down menu) in a
> list
> field?
>
> I've tried using the " - " character that works in the menu - but all
> I get
> is a " - "  -  duh!

Sorry, you cannot use listbehaviour in this case.
(If i am wrong, i would love to be corrected :-)

But you could simulate a "list behaviour":

Try this in your field:
("traversal on", "lock text" and "auto hilite" HAVE to be set for this
to work.)

on mouseUp
   if value(the clickline) is "-" then exit mouseup
   select line(word 2 of the clickline) of me
end mouseUp

Little disadvantage: only the TEXT is hilited and not the whole line...

> ALSO, what is the correct command to de-select all of the selected
> lines in a list field?

set the hilitedlines of fld xxx to 0

> Thanks in advance
>
> Alan