questions re button behavior

Alan Gayne alanIra9 at mac.com
Mon Oct 14 18:29:01 EDT 2002

Greetings List!

I've got several questions about button behavior:

1.	I've recently created a number of "popUp" menu buttons with 3 to 7
lines of content.  No matter how I fiddle the settings I can't seem to
get these to show a border - I've made sure that the "show border" check
box is checked and that works fine with "pulldown" menu buttons, but not
on the "popUp".  I want to use the "popUp" style because I want the
menus to appear off to the side, not straight down.  This is probably
something simple - but I haven't been able to figure it out.

2.	Is it possible to set the label of a "pulldown" button to one font
and the menu list to another?

3.	I've created a tab button whose background color changes depending
on the menuPick choice.  This works fine in OS 9.2.2, but no color
appears at all in OS X 10.1.5.  This behavior does not seem to apply to
other button styles.  Is this a limitation of the appearance manager
which I will have to live with?

Thanks in advance,

Alan