Expert Systems?

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Tue Oct 8 17:35:01 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, Oct 8, 2002, at 22:56 Australia/Sydney, Monte Goulding
wrote:

>> I might have used Solver in Excel
>
> Sorry to go off the thread here but would you happen to know how to
> make a
> "Solver" for rev? I have an athletic training to performance prediction
> model that uses the Solver in Excel and I tried to do it in mc a while
> back
> but couldn't get my head around it.

Monte

If you mean a generalised CLP solver for an arbitrary number of inputs,
then no. If you have a very small number of variables but no simple or
single formula, or have an input with curvature, then I have previously
written iterative solvers for this type of problem, on a case basis.
For a larger problem, I guess you will need to go to a book on CLP and
try to implement the algorithm, something I have not done, or take the
GA route, with which I am pretty impressed at the moment.

regards
David