Newbie Questions!

Igor de Oliveira Couto info at pixelmedia.com.au
Tue Nov 12 00:05:01 EST 2002

Dear Richard,

Many thanks for your posting!

On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 11:46  AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> How do I save more than one type of data (text and graphics) to a
>> single file?
>
> You could use a stack file as your document.

So, I assume that what you are saying is that it is possible for me to
actually create another stack from inside my application, and populate
it with the data (text, images, etc.) that I need. That sounds like a
really interesting solution! A couple of questions:

1) Is the stack that functions as the 'document' (the one I saved all
the relevant information TO) cross-platform? ie, would a Mac and a
Windows user be able to exchange stacks?

2) Is it possible for me to setup a custom Mac file type for that
stack? (and a custom icon?)

You help is immensely appreciated!

Many thanks, and

Kind Regards,