Fonts in a Standalone

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Fri Nov 8 14:08:01 EST 2002

Hi Paul,

> I have made this promo program on my Mac and then made a standalone
> for Windows.
> All my effects work well except that on the PC my funky headline 64
> point font turns out
> as an about 12 point  font something like Helvetica.

Ouch...

The old crossplatform problem: Fonts :(

> There are a lot of titles so I am reluctant to change them all to
> images.
> Are there headline fonts that are somewhat universal?
> or is it possible that a font can be  embedded in the file with the
> standalone?
> Has anyone on the list met this problem?
> After slaving on this project I would be very grateful tor any help
> over this last hurdle.

There is this external-collection on the old runrev-site:

http://www.xworlds.com/metacard/external.htm

which is free now, if i remember right.
(Contact RunRev for a license-key...)

It provides this possibility to:

# Load font - load a font from any file for use without installation

IF (!) you have your "funky" fonts availabe as a truetype windows
version
(licensed if possible :-), PS-fonts won't work on windows without the
ATM,
if i remenber right) then you could store your font(s) in a
customproperty
in your stack, install it on preopenstack and delete it on closestack
:-)
Not tested, but should work fine.

Hope this helps.
(If you need help with the syntrax for the external,
feel free to ask me offlist :-)

Regards

Klaus Major
k_major at os.surf2000.de