Using Fortran or C code in Rev

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 03:17:01 EST 2002

--- Bill Vlahos <bvlahos at mac.com> wrote:
> A co-worker asked me how to use existing fortran or
> C code within a
> Revolution application (or called by a Revolution
> application)?
>
> This would be primarily for Mac OS 9 and X and maybe
> some Windows.
>
> Bill Vlahos

Hi Bill,

There's the External SDK for exactly this sort of
purposes.
I guess he's running CodeWarrior? Then writing XCMD's
and XFCN's should be a breeze.
For Windows he could build a DLL to accomplish the
same tasks.

Too bad there's no architecture for external objects ;
though it would cause problems to build and compile
these on all the platforms supported by MC/RR.
Oh well, maybe someday :-)

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====