Import snapshot and export to JPEG

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 29 11:58:01 EDT 2002

The following observations are for both a stack in the IDE (1.1.1) and
as a standalone on TiBook Mac OS X.

The import snapshot command works fine but when I select the area to
capture the dragging leaves a lot of rectangle lines visible on the
screen. This doesn't effect the captured image but is distracting. I've
tried locking the screen but then nothing is captured.

The after I select the image I save it as a JPEG with a .jpg extension.
This works fine except the file type in the Finder doesn't think it is a
graphic image. When I double click on it, TextEdit is opened and a bunch
of text is displayed. If I open it in Preview it looks fine.

Anyone have ideas on these?

Thanks,
Bill Vlahos