MOD function does not work! So be warned!

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Mar 29 04:18:01 EST 2002

On Friday, March 29, 2002, at 02:06 AM, David Vaughan wrote:

>> Case in point:
>> put ("8" & empty) < ("33" & empty) --> true
>> These numeral values compare as numbers.  I can't "make" them be
>> strings.
> um... true. You actually have to append a space, not empty.
> There's one for me.

LOL.  I tried spaces on either end.  They still compare as
representing numbers.

But that other example I found.  That is a good place to
concatenate empty.

I think the problem is that when an alternate representation of a
number is converted to a string, the string is not always a numeral
of the number represented.  A value in that case has sort of a
"split personality".

dar