MOD function does not work! So be warned!

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Mar 29 04:12:01 EST 2002

On Friday, March 29, 2002, at 01:16 AM, David Vaughan wrote:

> concatenate with empty for a string

OK.  I found a good example that puts that to use.  Here a
"floating point" that does not equal 236 (but evaluates to "236"
when needed as a string) is converted to a string and then
(virtually, if not really) back to a number for comparison.

on mouseUp
   put "235.00" into var
   repeat for 100 times
     put var + "0.01" into var
   end repeat
   Put (empty & var) = "236.00" into field "Report"
end mouseUp

This reports true, but if (empty & var) was replaced with var, this
would report false.

I still find it weird that there are x such that (empty & x) = x is
false.

How am I going to explain this to a bunch of little kids?

Dar