QuickTime problems

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Jun 14 09:39:01 EDT 2002

On Friday, June 14, 2002, at 10:19  AM, Keith Whitney wrote:

> On Windows, the QuickTime movie doesn't play. I assume it's because
> QuickTime isn't installed :) but I prefer not requiring any driver
> installations. If I export the QuickTime as an AVI, can I assume most
> Windows users will be able to view?

AVI is a snake pit. While most Windows computers support it, it is far
less standardized than QuickTime. The primary issue is choice of Codec.
IF the user has a matching Codec, it will play. You may wish to use
indeo, or one of the older Codecs for this so that you increase the
likelihood  of it being supported. You can also test for QuickTime
support in your application. That way, if the user has it, you run the
QuickTime. If not, you run the AVI, or a still image graphic, or
whatever.

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD