Colornames to RGB values

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Dec 4 21:14:01 EST 2002

Hi Wilhelm

> I really appreciate your "libcolor" stack  as a tool (along with the
> other stacks you offer on your website), and I see from your script that
> for converting colornames to RGB values you also make use of the
> backpixel property.

I use a comination of these methods. The library uses a custompropertyset to
directly map from colorname to rgb. This is the most efficient way to do it.
However, it is also self updating so in the event of Raney adding a new
colorname constant it's only a matter of calling a handler to reset the
custompropertyset.

Cheers

Monte