System Language

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Dec 4 21:04:01 EST 2002

I still get Sunday

I've been Australian all my life and if I was going to think of a day that
wasn't Sunday but was the start of the week I'd think of Monday. Isn't that
why it's called a weekend not a weekstart?????

But thanks to the heads up it made me read the mc docs on weekdaynames and
find out that some systems have a locale environment variable. Then I
checked the globalNames and found $LANG. Then I checked $LANG and found
en_us. So MC thinks I'm using en_us but my language menu has an Australian
flag!

Can someone check for me if $LANG is an environment variable on OS 9?

Cheers

Monte