execution order of stacks

Tony Moller tony.moller at drcs.com
Fri Aug 23 13:20:20 EDT 2002

Can someone explain the execution order of stacks, substacks, preopenstack,
and openstack to me; cause what I think should work is not.

When opening a rev file, which consists of a main stack, and three
substacks, what/which executes first? I know the preopenstack happens before
the openstack, but what if the substacks have a preopenstack in them too?

Here's the structure:

mainstack (where the user will spend most of their time)
  substack (splash screen)
  substack (palette)
  substack (preferences)

What I want to happen is the splash screen show for x seconds, then close.
Then the mainstack and palette substack should open. Prefs substack should
be open (accessible) but hidden.  What's happening is the splash screen
opens, along with the palette. Everything else seems to behave as it should.
So, what commands need to be put where to execute in the order I would like?

As always, thanks for the advice!!
Tony
Tony Moller - Network Admin
DRCS