Some Stacks Won't Open in Finder in OS X?

Dan Shafer dan at danshafer.com
Fri Aug 23 12:52:00 EDT 2002

I've just encountered something that seems strange to me.

I downloaded the DB Samples a few days ago and was messing around
with them this morning. I can double-click the stack in Finder and it
opens and runs and things are fine. So I want to look at the
underlying code and see what's going on. I open Rev, navigate to the
folder where the stack is and it's dimmed out, not able to be opened
from within Rev. Neither DB sample is accessible.

So I figure well maybe they're read-only or something (though Finder
Get Info doesn't indicate that). So I try to open revexample.rev in
the Plugins folder. Same story. All of the stacks I've made work
fine. All of the stacks in the components folder and sub-folders work
fine.

So what's the story here? What do I not understand?
--
Dan Shafer