If it equals?

Josh Dye Zzyzx at Relia.Net
Thu Aug 22 15:24:01 EDT 2002

Hello,
    Found out that it is Not searching all of the lines. Here is the script.

on mouseup
  put URL "file:\\ZZYZX\INTERFACE\Names.txt" into fld "NamePass"
  set the itemdel to TAB
  put fld "NamePass" into the_file
  put empty into fld "NamePass"
  ask "Please enter your Registered Alias"
  if it is empty then exit mouseup
  put it into the_user
  repeat for each line 1 in the_file
    if item 1 of 1 is the_user then
      put item 2 of 1 into the_password
      exit repeat
    else
      answer "Sorry, that Name is not in the User Database. Pelase check
your spelling"
      exit mouseup
    end if
  end repeat
  ask password "Please enter your Case Senstive Password"
  if it is the_password then
    put "Logged In As: " & the_user into fld "LOG"
    hide me
    show btn "LOG OFF"
    send RateM to this stack
    enable btn "Games"
    Play "Welcome.wav"
  else
    answer "Sorry, the Entered Password was Incorrect. Pelase try again" &
Return & "If you feel this has come to you in Error, Please remember that
the Passwords are Case Senstive."
  end if
end mouseup

It works. But, it is not searching all of the lines. It only works for the
first line. Any ideas how to get it to search all of the lines?

 - Josh Dye