OSX App to print fill-in forms

Alan Gayne alanira9 at mac.com
Fri Aug 16 20:13:01 EDT 2002

on 8/16/02 8:53 PM, Jim Witte at jswitte at bloomington.in.us wrote:

> (I'm cross-posting this to the RunRev list because it seems something
> like this might have already been done by someone using Rev..)
>
> Does anyone know of an application that can be used to print custom
> fill-in forms?  Over the course of about an hour, I tediously
> constructed a template in ClarisDraw for the mailing labels I use, but
> it's hard to use (no way to automate that I know of except for QuicKeys,
> which would be more work than it's worth..), but I'd like to generate a
> template for postal customs forms, which would be a lot harder.
>
> PageMaker would be ideal as it allows you to specify absolute
> positioning of any element, but the version I have is 4.2.  Any other
> ideas?
>
> Jim

Interestingly enough, a really good solution would be Hypercard AND Reports
DataPro.  This combination can easily make and print almost anything you
need in the way of forms - but only on a Mac - OS 9.

This is exactly the point I've been trying drive home to the people at
RunRev - i.e. that an EASY TO USE reports generator is absolutely essential
to the widespread USAGE of the Revolution environment.

If you need info about how to get in touch with the people who still sell
Reports DataPro feel free to contact me again.

Alan