Check-box & radio button

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Thu Apr 11 02:20:01 EDT 2002

Steve

Although I can offer an answer, your post is a bit of a mystery to me in
one respect.

On Thursday, April 11, 2002, at 04:01 , Steve L wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> How can you set up a check-box or radio type button to
> retain it's selection status (selected or deselected),
> so that when you reopen the stack it will show the
> saved selection status.

If this is opened in Rev you can create a custom property for the button
and save its state there. If it is a standa-alone then you will need to
save that custom property state to a file you can  read at startup or
make it a substack.

> On a field, I know that you script:
>
> on closefield
> Set the udirty to true
> end closefield

You do?? Why?
1.  a field (except in a standalone mainstack) is saved when you say
"save" for the stack, from the menu or script.
2. udirty is not a Rev property that I can find in the Dictionary.
3. you appear to be setting a variable which is promptly forgotten by
Rev when you close the stack, but item 1 presumably comes to your rescue
anyway.

cheers
David